Cohesive Gel Breast Implants by Natrelle 410
On February 20 2013 the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the Natrelle 410 Highly Cohesive Anatomically Shaped Silicone-Gel Filled Breast Implant to increase breast size (breast augmentation) in women at least 22 years old and to rebuild breast tissue (breast reconstruction) in women of any age. Natrelle 410 implants are manufactured by Allergan, Inc. Dr. Sherman was one of a limited number of select investigators for the Allergan Natrelle 410 Cohesive Gel breast implants. They are used in breast augmentation as well as breast reconstruction.
The Natrelle 410 uses a highly cohesive gel filler that holds together uniformly and stays in place.
The Natrelle 410 features an anatomically shaped silhouette, with contours that closely resemble the curve of a woman’s breast. If the “round” look isn’t exactly what you’re looking for, ask Dr. Sherman about the Natrelle 410 cohesive gel breast implants, now available in the United States.
- The CoheSIL™ silicone fill is more cohesive than standard silicone gel fills;
- The BIOCELL® textured surface is designed to promote tissue adherence which helps maintain proper implant position within the surgical pocket, and may reduce capsular contracture;
- INTRASHIEL® shell features a patented design to minimize silicone diffusion;
- Orientation marks are conveniently located on the anterior and posterior surfaces of the implant and assist in visual and tactile positioning within the surgical pocket;
- Choice of uniquely different breast implant configurations provide the capability for the plastic surgeon to optimize aesthetic results.
The CoheSIL® silicone gel fill does not leak, even whenr substantial pressure has been applied,the CoheSIL® silicone gel fill will not leak.
After pressure is released, the silicone gel fill returns to its normal shape.
The shell of the 410 is the same “textured biocell” durable shell that Allergan has used for years. Here it is shown held flat, after being cut away from an implant. Even under this great stress, the shell remains pliable and intact.
For further information you may visit the Allergan Natrelle website at: