Cohesive Gel Breast Implants by Natrelle 410
On February 20 2013, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the Natrelle 410 Highly Cohesive Anatomically Shaped Silicone-Gel Filled Breast Implant, which is designed to increase breast size (breast augmentation) in women at least 22 years old and to rebuild breast tissue (breast reconstruction) in women of any age.
Additionally, the FDA approved of 28 additional styles of Natrelle 410 in August of 2015, which allows surgeons to provide their patients with further options for more desired outcomes. These included: extra-full projection styles (X), along with additional low projection, low height styles (L) from the Natrelle 410 Breast Implant line, for use in breast reconstruction, augmentation and revision surgery.
Based from a study of over 350 women over the course of 3-years’ worth of data, the FDA approval of additional Natrelle 410 shaped gel implant styles focused on women who underwent breast reconstruction, augmentation or revision surgery with the first approved range of Natrelle 410 breast implants.
Dr. Sherman and Allergan Natrelle 410
Manufactured by Allergan, Inc., Dr. Sherman was one the limited number of select investigators for the Allergan Natrelle 410 Cohesive Gel breast implants. As such, Dr. Sherman will be able to go over all the benefits as well as anything else you need to know during your detailed consultation if you are looking to use these specific types of implants .
Be sure to check out our before and after breast implant photo gallery!
Features of Cohesive Gel Breast Implants by Natrelle 410
The Natrelle 410 uses a highly cohesive gel filler that holds together uniformly and stays in place.
The Natrelle 410 features an anatomically shaped silhouette, with contours that closely resemble the curve of a woman’s breast. If the “round” look isn’t exactly what you’re looking for, ask Dr. Sherman about the Natrelle 410 cohesive gel breast implants, which is now available in the United States.
- The CoheSIL™ silicone fill is more cohesive than standard silicone gel fills;
- The BIOCELL® textured surface is designed to promote tissue adherence which helps maintain proper implant position within the surgical pocket, and may reduce capsular contracture;
- INTRASHIEL® shell features a patented design to minimize silicone diffusion;
- Orientation marks are conveniently located on the anterior and posterior surfaces of the implant and assist in visual and tactile positioning within the surgical pocket;
- The choice of uniquely different breast implant configurations provides the capability for the plastic surgeon to optimize aesthetic results.
The CoheSIL® silicone gel fill does not leak, even whenr substantial pressure has been applied,the CoheSIL® silicone gel fill will not leak.
After pressure is released, the silicone gel fill returns to its normal shape.
The shell of the Natrelle 410 is the same “textured biocell” durable shell that Allergan has used for years. Here it is shown held flat, after being cut away from an implant. Even under this great stress, the shell remains pliable and intact.
Candidates for Natrelle 410
As indicated by Natrelle, 410 breast Implants are appropriate for women in the following demographics as well as those seeking the following features:
- Breast augmentation is only suited for women 22 years or older for silicone-filled implants.
- Breast augmentation is only suited for women 18 years or older for saline-filled implants.
- Breast augmentation includes primary breast augmentation to increase breast size, as well as revision surgery to correct or improve the result of a primary breast augmentation surgery.
- Breast reconstruction. Breast reconstruction includes primary reconstruction to replace breast tissue that has been removed due to cancer or trauma or that has failed to develop properly due to a severe breast abnormality. Breast reconstruction also includes revision surgery to correct or improve the result of a primary breast reconstruction surgery.
Due to safety and effectiveness, it has been accepted that the patients with the following conditions or issues might not be considered as a candidate as risk may be higher:
- Autoimmune diseases (for example, lupus and scleroderma)
- A weakened immune system (for example, currently taking drugs that weaken the body’s natural resistance to disease)
- Planned chemotherapy following breast implant placement
- Planned radiation therapy to the breast following breast implant placement
- Conditions that interfere with wound healing and blood clotting
- Reduced blood supply to breast tissue
- Clinical diagnosis of depression or other mental health disorders, including body dysmorphic disorder and eating disorders. Please discuss any history of mental health disorders with your surgeon prior to surgery. Patients with a diagnosis of depression, or other mental health disorders, should wait for resolution or stabilization of these conditions prior to undergoing breast implantation surgery.
Contact Allergan Natrelle
For further information, or to contact Allergan Natrelle, visit the Allergan Natrelle website or call 1.800.624.4261.
Breast Implants with a Top New York Plastic Surgeon
Dr. John Sherman utilizes his extensive surgical expertise and years of experience to produce optimal results for each patient and every procedure. If you’d like more information about breast implants and augmentation, have any questions about the procedure, or would like to schedule a consultation, please feel free to contact our office today.