Also Serving Manhattan
Your face is your identity. Your face leaves a lasting impression on everyone you meet and is something that you may think about on a daily basis. The appearance of your face also may impact on your self-confidence. If you don’t feel good about the way you look, it can be difficult to present yourself in a confident and authentic way.
The facelift is designed to address the effects that aging and other external factors have on the face. The main goal of the facelift procedure is to restore the natural contours and youthful appearance of the face.
What Can A Facelift Do for Me?
Common aesthetic issues that a facelift can address include the following:
- Deep lines, folds, and wrinkles
- Loose neck skin
- Noticeable brow furrows
- The nasolabial folds
- Jaw line contour
There are multiple options to choose from when it comes to your facelift. These options are specifically designed to precisely target aesthetic issues that can occur in specific areas of the face. During the initial consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. John Sherman, he will take the time to discuss the specific benefits of each procedure.
Facelift variations include the following:
- Mini Facelift – A mini facelift is the ideal option for younger patients with moderate aesthetic facial issues. This procedure focuses on rejuvenating the appearance of the mid face and jawline. In some cases, the neck skin may also be tightened. The incisions for the procedure are made behind the ears to ensure that no post-surgical marks are visible. It typically only takes around two hours to perform the procedure.
- Short-Scar Facelift – This revolutionary technique provides numerous advantages. A short-scar facelift utilizes significantly smaller incisions that are made on the inside of the ear and along the back of the ear. This procedure is able to provide a substantial amount of tightening without creating noticeable post-surgical marks that diminish the quality of your results.
- Neck Lift – This is the perfect option for patients with aesthetic issues that only occur beneath the chin and across the neck. A neck lift can be performed to correct loose neck skin, vertical neck banding, and a lack of definition along the chin and jawline. The mini-facelift and neck-lift procedures are often combined in order to provide more comprehensive results. It is especially useful for male patients who desire neck and jawline correction.
- Coronal Forehead Lift – This surgical procedure is designed to address sagging excess brow skin. In order to ensure that the results look as natural as possible, the incisions for a coronal forehead lift are hidden within the hairline of the patient.
- Endoscopic Forehead Lift – This variation of the brow lift requires smaller incisions and utilizes an endoscope. An endoscopic forehead lift is primarily performed to address brow furrows and forehead creases by correcting both the sagging skin and the damaged facial muscles that are causing the brow and forehead to sag.
As a highly regarded teacher of plastic surgery, Dr. Sherman uses the most effective and latest techniques for your surgery. Depending on the age and the relative health of the patient, the facelift can be performed in the hospital or in our fully-accredited and equipped operating suite in New York City. Various options are used with the facelift: mini facelifts, neck tightening or brow lift.
Facial plastic surgery is usually performed in our fully accredited office surgery suite. Patients may also desire to stay one night in the hospital following surgery within a hospital facility instead of the office setting for their facelift. If you choose surgery in our clinic, we will make arrangements for you at hotels that are in walking distance of the office: The Carlyle, The Mark, the Surrey and the Marriott. We have working arrangements with all of these hotels. You will be accompanied by one of our highly experienced nurses who will take care of you overnight.
If you are looking for a highly experienced and skilled plastic surgeon to perform your facelift, contact our office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Sherman. Dr. Sherman has performed thousands of facelifts over the course of his career and has provided countless patients with outstanding results that look incredibly natural and satisfy their aesthetic needs.