Silicone Breast Implants New York City
Silicone breast implants consist of an outer silicone shell. They are pre-filled with silicone gel, which is a thick, sticky fluid that closely resembles human fat, in both look and feel. Most women indicate that silicone breast implants appear more natural than any other breast tissues.
Generally speaking, Silicone breast implants are offered to women aged 22 and older for this type of breast augmentation while to women of any age for breast reconstruction.
Be sure to check out our before and after breast implant photo gallery!
Requirements for the use of Silicone Implants
Dr. Sherman is approved in the adjunct study protocol of the FDA. Inclusion in the study is permitted, but the patient must be willing to return to the office for the follow-up documentation of the silicone implants at 1, 3, and 5 years after surgery.
Patients undergoing breast reconstruction for cancer are allowed to be included in the study. Patients that have a severe deformity, either post-traumatic or congenital, are also allowed to use the silicone implants. Congenital conditions include pectus excavatum, and severe asymmetry of the breasts.
Patients who have had previous breast implants and are in the need for revisional surgery are also included. These patients may have had their implant for either cosmetic improvement or breast reconstruction. Patients who undergo the placement of silicone implants with simultaneous breast mastopexy (uplift) are also allowed to be included in the silicone implant group.
Candidates for Implants
Because breast implants are used to increase the size of a patient’s breasts, there are many reasons why someone might want to move forward with the procedure. In general, obtaining implants allow individuals to feel significantly better about their appearance and thus more comfortable with themselves. Here is a list of specific reasons why you might be a perfect candidate for this type of cosmetic surgery:
- You consider your breasts to be smaller than average or under-developed
- You have had have breast implants from another doctor in the past, and are experiencing problems with them or you are dissatisfied with the results.
- Because of your breast size, you think your figure is out of proportion, which seem to make your hips appear wider than they are
- You often feel restricted when looking for flattering clothing or swimwear styles due to your breast size
- Your breasts have lost shape and volume after pregnancy, weight loss, or with aging.
- Your upper part of the breast has an empty look to it and you a dissatisfied with its appearance
- Your breasts have an asymmetric look
Benefits of Breast Implants
Breast Implants come with numerous benefits; however, they are highly dependent on the individual seeking them as well as what their reasons are for doing so. The vast majority of people who decide go through with breast implant surgery for very specific reasons are very satisfied end result. To this end, in order to ensure the best possible outcome, Dr. Sherman recommends that you make your expectations clear to him during your consultation. This will allow him to choose the most suitable type, size and shape of implant. Here are some benefits of moving forward with silicone breast implants:
- You will feel more feminine with your new body shape.
- Most people come out with a much higher level of confidence and self-esteem.
- Breasts implants can make you feel better and more confident when wearing clothes as well as wearing things you may not have before the surgery.
- Your breasts will likely have a more symmetrical appearance to you and others.
- Most of the changes that occurred after pregnancy, such as with breastfeeding or weight loss, can be corrected.
Non Candidates for Silicone Implants
The FDA lists several criteria that are immediately excluded from the use of the silicone implant. Any patient who has one of the following conditions is immediately excluded:
- Any patient who is nursing or is pregnant
- Patients with scleroderma or lupus
- Diabetic patients who have unwarranted surgical risks and/or
- Patients with psychological problems
The cost of the silicone implant is significantly more than the saline implant, and is passed on to the patient. No cost additions are made to the patient for the documentation and filing with the FDA.
Breast Implants with a Top New York Plastic Surgeon
Dr. John Sherman utilizes his extensive surgical expertise and years of experience to produce optimal results for each patient and every procedure. If you’d like more information about silicone breast implants, have any questions about the procedure, or would like to schedule a consultation, please feel free to contact our office today.